Hi, Welcome To My Blog

I love various different types of crafts and have had a dabble at most over the years, some with greater success than others. I believe that apart from loving and giving, being creative is the next most important thing to do. There is something about being creative that taps into something deep within us that makes us feel good with the world. But then we were made in the image of God, God The Creator... so I guess being creative will be second nature to us if we allow. The problem is that many people will not have a go because they make the mistake of measuring themselves against others... and that is just not a good thing to do. I create because I like to create, not because I have to impress anyone else or be better than anyone else. I created this blog with a lot of help from my son-in-law, as a personal scrap book that I am happy to share with others if they wish to take a look.... Enjoy <><

Monday 25 March 2013

Desiring Truth Thank You Card

 I went on an excellent weekend away at Lindors near the Forest of Dean recently, for a 'Desiring Truth' Bible teaching weekend on the Glory of God.

Not only was the teaching by Ann Absolom very good (as usual), but the fellowship with other believers was like a taste of heaven.

Just to add a cherry on the top... I made a lovely new friend called Sandra. We shared a room together and straight away felt like we had known each other for decades.

I wanted to give a thank you card to express my appreciation, so cheekily used three elements off their advertising literature to add to this card I made.. the Bible and the Desiring Truth logo's.

The Bible verse I used inside the card was:

"So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, 'If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free'."
The envelope in the centre section inside the card was there for me to pop a discreet note of thanks inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment