Hi, Welcome To My Blog

I love various different types of crafts and have had a dabble at most over the years, some with greater success than others. I believe that apart from loving and giving, being creative is the next most important thing to do. There is something about being creative that taps into something deep within us that makes us feel good with the world. But then we were made in the image of God, God The Creator... so I guess being creative will be second nature to us if we allow. The problem is that many people will not have a go because they make the mistake of measuring themselves against others... and that is just not a good thing to do. I create because I like to create, not because I have to impress anyone else or be better than anyone else. I created this blog with a lot of help from my son-in-law, as a personal scrap book that I am happy to share with others if they wish to take a look.... Enjoy <><

Saturday 11 June 2016

Queens 90th Birthday and WI's 79th Anniversary

This week our WI had a special party to celebrate it's anniversary - 79 years, but that was topped by also incorporating our Queen's 90th birthday. Asked to make the cake, I went for a fruit cake and covered it in marzipan and regalice to create this approximate copy of the coronation crown. All that you can see is icing although behind the scenes is one piece of plastic dowling to support the top of the crown and a cardboard frame to support the icing on the arms of the cake.
I have to say I have been more than a little overwhelmed by the number of compliments I have received. I am pleased to have brought a smile to so many faces.


1 comment:

  1. WOW! you've outdone yourself with this cake Pam!! FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete