Hi, Welcome To My Blog

I love various different types of crafts and have had a dabble at most over the years, some with greater success than others. I believe that apart from loving and giving, being creative is the next most important thing to do. There is something about being creative that taps into something deep within us that makes us feel good with the world. But then we were made in the image of God, God The Creator... so I guess being creative will be second nature to us if we allow. The problem is that many people will not have a go because they make the mistake of measuring themselves against others... and that is just not a good thing to do. I create because I like to create, not because I have to impress anyone else or be better than anyone else. I created this blog with a lot of help from my son-in-law, as a personal scrap book that I am happy to share with others if they wish to take a look.... Enjoy <><

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Merry Monday Church Christmas Card Challenge



You have heard of the House that Jack Built? Well this is the Church that Pam Built.  The Merry Monday Challenge this week was a Church, so I set about building one using the kind of style I see on American films of country Churches.... I don't think my 400+ year old church building would have carried this off half so well.  I cut out a basic shape and then covered it with strips of white card to look like the boarding and then added all the embellishments.  It was a fun card to make. I think it looks really cute when standing up.
Delighted to receive another Honourable mention this week.

19 comments:

  1. Pam - you are so clever - this is absolutely wonderful - i'd pick this as the winner for sure!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha thank you Betty. You would have me winning often with your kind comments. You will have to become the judge! I jest.... I don't do this to win, I am just thrilled that I now have ten Christmas cards in my box already! It's a fantastic idea. I am so pleased you introduced me to Merry Monday. It got me going, I had stopped making cards almost altogether and it has got me going again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a mighty fine Church. So creative and charming.. I can hear the church bells ringing. Gosh you should make a template for it, this one be a fun project for Sunday school kids/or VBS .. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PJ... I did sort of make a template before I cut my card so if you want the dimensions then just let me know. I may just give a copy to our Sunday school leader to see if it is something they would be interested in. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Pam! This is AMAZING! What a wonderful church you have built! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful and so clever! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy... Like All of these things.... It's getting the idea in the first place and then it's not so difficult

      Delete
  6. Your "church that Pam built" is fabulous!! The panels are a wonderful touch! Such a clever and well-executed plan. Great, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate. I think if you have a modern white church you need something to give it interest. I noticed how Marcia added wood grain to hers...

      Delete
  7. OH, I love this, Pam! This is such a neat idea! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your "church that Pam built" fabulous job for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO cute Pam...love it! I had the same idea to make my church an older clapboard building, but kept mine flat for the card. Really like how you did yours 3D...really, really cute!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was interesting to see your wood grain, I think you need something with a white church, and it ws nice to see you had a play with a 3 d card Lao.... Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the church that you built! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative Pam, love how you built your church, looks authentic. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete