Hi, Welcome To My Blog

I love various different types of crafts and have had a dabble at most over the years, some with greater success than others. I believe that apart from loving and giving, being creative is the next most important thing to do. There is something about being creative that taps into something deep within us that makes us feel good with the world. But then we were made in the image of God, God The Creator... so I guess being creative will be second nature to us if we allow. The problem is that many people will not have a go because they make the mistake of measuring themselves against others... and that is just not a good thing to do. I create because I like to create, not because I have to impress anyone else or be better than anyone else. I created this blog with a lot of help from my son-in-law, as a personal scrap book that I am happy to share with others if they wish to take a look.... Enjoy <><

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Sewing Machine Card



I received a sewing machine card from my sister in law for my birthday and liked it so much I thought I would make one for Chris. She loves sewing and is a really keen patchwork maker having achieved some beautiful work.  So I used the card I received and drew round it... cut out the shape, then set about making the patchwork. I did this by cutting out a square of material, covering it with double sided sticky tape and they proceeded to stick on all those small squares I had cut out.  I have to admit to removing the cardboard buttons from my own card to help embellish this one. I went into my button box and found a lovely little button that looked liked scissors... how fortunate was that!

4 comments:

  1. another fantastic card Pam - Chris will love it and treasure it i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she likes it Betty. I am not sure she likes cards like this as much as serious ones.... I think I was indulging myself more than making a card that I wholly thought she would love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous sewing machine card. I love it and I'm sure anyone would be thrilled to receive it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara, Chris sent me a message today to say she loved how I had combined sewing machine and material in her birthday card, so that's nice. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment

      Delete