Hi, Welcome To My Blog

I love various different types of crafts and have had a dabble at most over the years, some with greater success than others. I believe that apart from loving and giving, being creative is the next most important thing to do. There is something about being creative that taps into something deep within us that makes us feel good with the world. But then we were made in the image of God, God The Creator... so I guess being creative will be second nature to us if we allow. The problem is that many people will not have a go because they make the mistake of measuring themselves against others... and that is just not a good thing to do. I create because I like to create, not because I have to impress anyone else or be better than anyone else. I created this blog with a lot of help from my son-in-law, as a personal scrap book that I am happy to share with others if they wish to take a look.... Enjoy <><

Thursday 10 March 2016

Merry Monday Buttons Christmas Card



Well this is my response to the Merry Monday challenge this week, a frosty snowy scene with buttons.  I did try real buttons on my card but the different shades of white didn't look very good so I opted for cutting them out using my die cut, so at least that way the white was all the same. I was very pleased again this week to receive an honourable mention for my efforts!

12 comments:

  1. great card Pam! and using the paper buttons will make this much easier to mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good point Betty, I hadn't thought about that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used buttons for snowflakes too! I love your swirly snow and flakes at the top of the card! Thank you for joining us at the Merry Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Colleen... The twirly bits are made using a memory box die called frostyville

      Delete
  4. Wonderful die cuts and the button snow looks very pretty. It looks so striking on the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, I guess I had an image of frost and snow at night going on in my head as well as a contrast to the white going on in my head when I selected that colour card

      Delete
  5. Your buttons look real, Pam! They make sweet snowflakes! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Bonnie, I had wanted to use real buttons but somehow none of them looked right and now I prefer the die cut ones, and as Betty said, easier for posting

      Delete
  6. Lovely design, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure was all mine Nina, thank you for your challenge

      Delete
  7. Very pretty! Love the white and navy together! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete