Hi, Welcome To My Blog

I love various different types of crafts and have had a dabble at most over the years, some with greater success than others. I believe that apart from loving and giving, being creative is the next most important thing to do. There is something about being creative that taps into something deep within us that makes us feel good with the world. But then we were made in the image of God, God The Creator... so I guess being creative will be second nature to us if we allow. The problem is that many people will not have a go because they make the mistake of measuring themselves against others... and that is just not a good thing to do. I create because I like to create, not because I have to impress anyone else or be better than anyone else. I created this blog with a lot of help from my son-in-law, as a personal scrap book that I am happy to share with others if they wish to take a look.... Enjoy <><

Monday 29 February 2016

Merry Monday Tropical / beverage / berries / tartan / bell / flat / Santa / chalk board Christmas Card Challenge


I really wasn't going to make a card this week for the Merry Monday Challenge as I could not think who on earth I would send a tropical card to.  But then this evening with a daft idea in my head I decided to put pencil and crayons to paper and draw the entire card for fun.  This is not a serious card at all but a bit of a play on all the challenges that we have been given since I joined the group.  So this card has:-
A Santa
A beverage in Santa's hand
Holly and berries in the corner of the card & berries in the drink
A Tartan rug on the sun bed
A bell dangling from Santa's hat
Drawn on a chalk board
With a Tropical flavour to it
and it is a Flat Card
It kept me quiet and helped me divert my eyes from a really good murder mystery that I was enjoying but couldn't look at... just had to listen!!! ha ha..

12 comments:

  1. what a sense of humor you have! and drawing talent! what was the murder mystery you were watching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased you see the 'tongue in cheek' approach to this card Betty, yes it is humorous. Don't you think Santa looks more like Big Ears? Ha ha....
    Oh the murder mystery was really good I thought. It was different, set just after the Second World War ... Called Bletchley Circle. It's a real women's murder mystery. I can recommend you download the three episodes on the ITV ap. Bletchley Park was a famous place of secrecy where codes were broken to tap into German communications. The women in the story worked there. Extremely clever, logical people worked there. Fascinating place in Milton Keynes.

    ReplyDelete

  3. what a fun card!!! you have got it all there!!!! it really works and I am sure someone will love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jasann, thank you for your comments.... I really didn't expect anyone to comment when I had made such a self indulgent childish card just for the real fun of it. I just hope no one thinks this was a serious attempt at submitting a Merry Monday challenge. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable! What's better than Santa on the beach for a tropical card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, you calling it adorable made me laugh!!!! It's quite nice to just play with crayons.... Takes you back to childhood. Mind you, adult colouring books are popular now aren't they? So we can all tap into the inner child .... Haha.... Thank you for stopping and leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is just too cute with Santa chillin in Tropical paradise. From a person that cant draw a stick person, this is amazing. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love that you drew this, Pam! After his delivery run, Santa will definitely need to be resting with a drink in his hand! I'm so glad you decided to join us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Much Fun! I love your take on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness - this is so awesome that you hand DREW all this scene! Incredible and thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete