Hi, Welcome To My Blog

I love various different types of crafts and have had a dabble at most over the years, some with greater success than others. I believe that apart from loving and giving, being creative is the next most important thing to do. There is something about being creative that taps into something deep within us that makes us feel good with the world. But then we were made in the image of God, God The Creator... so I guess being creative will be second nature to us if we allow. The problem is that many people will not have a go because they make the mistake of measuring themselves against others... and that is just not a good thing to do. I create because I like to create, not because I have to impress anyone else or be better than anyone else. I created this blog with a lot of help from my son-in-law, as a personal scrap book that I am happy to share with others if they wish to take a look.... Enjoy <><

Monday 15 February 2016

Merry Monday Berries Card Challenge


The Merry Monday challenge this week was berries. Well with a very busy week, two birthday cards, hubbies anniversary card and a 75th birthday cake to bake, ice and decorate before Saturday, I wasn't going to enter this week. But then I felt a bit mean not taking part and it all adds to my stash of Christmas cards so I made the quickest card I could think of.  Stamping holly, berries and mounting some of them onto card for a 3-D effect.  A simple stamp with Seasons Greetings and a touch of gold smudged around the edge of the card and done!

16 comments:

  1. I like the falling berries effect Pam - simple but striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am pleased you can see some merit in my card Chris, they wanted berries so I thought I would give them berries and plenty of them.... More berries than anything else.

      Delete
  2. wonderful card, Pam - i may or may not get something done as i'm going to visit katherine on thursday for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very generous comment Betty, thank you. Have a lovely time and I will let you off! Haha...

      Delete
  3. This is really beautiful! I love how you have some of the berries popped up and the gold edging is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandee, there are some gold berries as well to link in with the edging but the photo didn't show them as gold

      Delete
  4. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week, I love the abstract feel to your amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan... Abstract was quick, and quick was necessary. Look forward to seeing what you create.

      Delete
  5. HI Pam, just wanted to say your card is so lovely, the berries are lovely. Best of Luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasann, your comments are much appreciated.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you took the time during a very busy week to join us at Merry Monday, Pam! I love the dimension you've created with the beautiful holly and berries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie.... Phew, finished all my cards and cake yesterday... Free and ready for the new Merry Monday challenge tomorrow.

      Delete
  7. Simply beautiful! Love the cascading berries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, love the bold holly and berry images! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Kathy, I am pleased I found time to join in, it is so satisfying adding another card to the Christmas card stash. It's a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete