Hi, Welcome To My Blog

I love various different types of crafts and have had a dabble at most over the years, some with greater success than others. I believe that apart from loving and giving, being creative is the next most important thing to do. There is something about being creative that taps into something deep within us that makes us feel good with the world. But then we were made in the image of God, God The Creator... so I guess being creative will be second nature to us if we allow. The problem is that many people will not have a go because they make the mistake of measuring themselves against others... and that is just not a good thing to do. I create because I like to create, not because I have to impress anyone else or be better than anyone else. I created this blog with a lot of help from my son-in-law, as a personal scrap book that I am happy to share with others if they wish to take a look.... Enjoy <><

Tuesday 23 February 2016

Merry Monday Bells Christmas Card Challenge


Pleased to get an honourable mention for my Bells Card Challenge this week.

The Merry Monday Challenge was bells this week. Well I only had two bells which were stamps lent to me by a friend, the same design but different sizes, so they were the bells that were going to be used.
I began by stamping the bells in gold and the bows in red and thought how boring they looked so I drew a black edge around the bows to give them emphasis and stuck glitter on the bells to brighten them up.  Well what was I going to do with them then? I looked in my ribbon box for some gold twine and came across this beautiful ribbon I bought some years ago for a friends birthday card and this was what I had left over. I felt it would make a good anchor for the bells and ribbons. So then I set about staging them on layers of card and stamping a sentiment to finish it off.  Despite starting off feeling quite lack lustre about this challenge I have to say I ended up really enjoying myself and think it is my favourite MM card so far... but then I have only made six! 

26 comments:

  1. love those bells and that leafy ribbon is perfect for putting it all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris lent them to me Betty and they are some of her favourites she was telling me. I did think that ribbon pretty but not easy to use... But it was perfect for this card... A bit like Jack and the Beanstalk! Haha. You are kind with your comments and nearly always first. You are a real encourager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these beautiful bells with their red bows! What a perfect piece of ribbon to "tie" them on! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie, I am pleased to be part of Merry Monday

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card with your red bows and bells. Thanks for joining us week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam, what a pretty card, love all the elements especially the embossing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jasann and thank you for your kind comments. I cannot take any credit for the embossing as this was lovely embossed paper that was given to me by two lovely ladies from the USA as a thank you for helping them with their trip to England. The materials and cost of them in the USA is so inexpensive compared to here, it's just such a shame that they charge us so much for posting. These ladies gave me five beautiful books of various papers and that was just for starters!

      Delete
  6. Love this card, the vine with the bells looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Turtle Bug... The bells look prettier in the flesh, so to speak. The photo doesn't show up the glitter

      Delete
  7. Love all those pretty bells! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased you like it Sandee, thanks for leaving me such a nice comment

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty card. I love the nice ribbon where the bells are one.
    greetings Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way your bells cascade down the card on that designer ribbon. Clever and, oh so, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great design & use of your bells!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's one thing making bells but then deciding what to do with them... Well that's another thing. Thank you Greta

      Delete
  11. A great card - a lovely use of that ribbon. Do you frequent Abakhan by any chance? I have the same ribbon but in a different colourway!! I really like the way you have made the bells become part of the "Jack and the beanstalk" growth!!!
    Margaret #20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Margaret, love your name glitterandglue! Well when we moved here I went to an Abakhan to buy dress material and didn't think it as good as the Lancashire Mill shops, not to say it was not a good shop.... It was. As a result I haven't been back. Perhaps I should because I didn't look at anything else. A lovely card making friend in London took me to an amazing ribbon shop. One big shop that sold nothing but ribbon. I think I got it from there. Can I tell you it is a really difficult thing to do to just buy ribbon with no specific projects in mind. The colours, shapes, sizes the complete array was overwhelming.

      Delete
  12. I really like it. The bells almost seem to move. It is very elegant too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, as it stands on my shelf for the week the ribbons albeit in just paper, do seem to have movement to them

      Delete
  13. Your trio of bells look great on that red leaf trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card, your bells are lovely. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina, I always like your cards... I like your name also, but then I would, we called our only daughter the same!

      Delete