Hi, Welcome To My Blog

I love various different types of crafts and have had a dabble at most over the years, some with greater success than others. I believe that apart from loving and giving, being creative is the next most important thing to do. There is something about being creative that taps into something deep within us that makes us feel good with the world. But then we were made in the image of God, God The Creator... so I guess being creative will be second nature to us if we allow. The problem is that many people will not have a go because they make the mistake of measuring themselves against others... and that is just not a good thing to do. I create because I like to create, not because I have to impress anyone else or be better than anyone else. I created this blog with a lot of help from my son-in-law, as a personal scrap book that I am happy to share with others if they wish to take a look.... Enjoy <><

Thursday 4 February 2016

Merry Monday Father Christmas Card Challenge

The was another good Merry Monday Challenge for me because I had no stamps or die cutters of a Father Christmas so I decided to build one out of card.... it was great fun and I felt like a child again making a card to take home for Mom & Dad. The red card is shiny and the shapes were cut out of a gift bag from Christmas and the only shapes I cut using my die cutter were the circles, the rest I had to cut by trial and error! With no appropriate sentiment to go with a Father Christmas I decided cutting the card to emphasize the shape was the best option.

23 comments:

  1. well he's the cutest ever and I'm so impressed with your creativity - i really like how it's shaped - I bet Kingsley would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well funnily enough I was thinking of giving it to Kingsley, I guess I will have to wait and see what other challenges the year brings!

      Delete
  2. This card is so pretty and I love how you created your Santa, a true WOW card! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie and the pleasure is all mine. I love the motivation Merry Monday is bringing. I have put aside a lovely box to pop them all into and shall enjoy having lots of individuals cards to send to Family and Friends. The difficult part will be deciding which ones to send to whom! Ha ha....

      Delete
  3. This is so so CUTE!!!!! Love him!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super good job creating mr Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is fabulous! Great job creating your own Santa!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Birgit, what lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, you made santa! Kids would love this as their card x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Amanda, I am thinking of giving it to my grandson funnily enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my Merry Monday card! I was so busy working on the Snippets Playground challenge I run that I hadn't time yet to hop over to comment but from the little thumbnails I already spotted yours as a really great card - and now I read how you made it am blown away! So, so clever!

    Also, come and take a peek at the Snippets Playground - and also link Santa if you wish. He obviously from what you say is made with some leftover pieces - and that's all we look for - scraps/snippets! Hope you come and play!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di... I am new to all this and don't know as yet how to upload my cards to another site. A friend and my son-in-law have done this for me so far and I am
      waiting for a lesson next week. If Graham can help me then I will join your group and add my card.

      Delete
    2. Aw bless you! If you get really stuck, I'll write out a 'how-to' for you :)

      Hugs

      Di xx

      Delete
  10. This is amazing, Pam! What a wonderful job of cutting you've done! Thanks for sharing this wonderful Santa with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you've put the 'merry' in Merry Christmas with this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, you made me smile when I read your comments. Thank you.

      Delete
  12. Oh WOW! How cute is this?! LOVE!! Awesome job. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristie... I am a little overwhelmed with all these lovely comments.

      Delete
  13. Darling card. Your cutting skills are great. I think the shape of your card is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Carol... I only cut the shape out with a pair of scissors

    ReplyDelete